Saturday, December 6, 2008

Twilight Movie Free Online?

My daughter was watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 online...the one that's still in theaters. When I looked at the site she was on I found old movies, recent moves and other movies that were just released in theaters including Twilight and Four Christmases. After that I found numerous websites that provided the same service.

The sites offer a lengthy disclaimer in essence they are just culling the internet and compiling the films not stealing them so any infringement is on the part of someone else, so they say.

Some sites offered a poorer quality picture while others delivered premium content. The only down fall was an ethical one.

I did watch Twilight online but my daughter and I had already seen the film and still plan to purchase the DVD as soon as its released. Did my online viewing effect their sales, no because we weren't going to see it more than once in the theater and still plan to make the DVD purchase. I also watched Four Christmases but hadn't planned to see it in the theater and only watched half of it because...well too many screaming family members and crying babies.

I expect that it will be only a matter of day before Australia shows up on one of these sites. Will I pay to see it on the big screen.. I wouldn't miss it.

Here are a couple of the sites that I looked at:
www.watch-movies.net
www.momomesh.com

No comments: